Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Valentine's Story about chocolate and true love

Today is Valentine's Day and in our house, the first love is . . .. .CHOCOLATE!
The girls were given large kisses and went CRAZY!
(totally ignoring the new piggy band and earring holder!)
But, the best part of Valentine's Day for me was when I was looking through pictures. I was looking for Chris' and my baby pictures for Koda's scrap book and I came across some pictures that remind me of when I felt most "in love". You know, when you had that feeling inside where you wanted to shout "I love you"...but it was way too soon? And when you were away from each other, you were counting every second until you saw them? I remember smiling...none stop. Whether I was driving in the car or shopping at the grocery store or even the bathroom, I was smiling.....
The first picture is funny actually. Look at that hair!I had this one in a frame forever! The hair is still bad, but oh! that kiss!
He was the best kisser I had ever kissed!


The hair is getting a little better...but here is when Chris took me to the Melting Pot before Beauty and the Beast. He told me to make a silly face and then he didn't. Isn't he funny!

Here is another kissing pic...I know this one isn't as good, but I love it!

Then look at that HUNK! WOW!

And then....we were going to be married the next day.

Look at me...so smitten by this man

Well, it is now 9 1/2 years later from the last picture. We definately do not look the same, (especially me being 35 weeks pregnant) and don't think the same about most things. But, I can honestly say I love him more. No, I don't get butterflies and smile everywhere I go, but I know that if anything ever happened to this man I would not want to wake up in the morning. He is who I look forward to seeing every afternoon. The one who knows how to calm me down when I am in one of those moods. The one whose arms I want to escape to when things are crappy. The one who I take for granted until silly holidays pop up and I realize how God gave me more than I knew I could have in a partner. Don't get me wrong, things aren't always rosey here. I mean especailly with me being hormonal and tired...it is amazing he still hugs me. And when money gets tight and the house is a mess, we aren't taking kissing pictures in the kitchen. But, I pray that God keeps us growing closer together and I get to show many more pictures of us for years to come. (Happy Valentine's Day Chris! I love you!)

No comments: