Saturday, February 13, 2010

Are you ready for his whole name?

I know you have been on pins and needles awaiting Koda's perfect middle name like I have. Chris isn't too picky about names. He usually agrees with almost all of the ones I ask him about, but is VERY clear about the ones he doesn't.

Well, we had really thought about Koda Lee. Lee is my dad and my nephew's middle name AND my favorite brother in law's first name...so it seemed perfect. But, I just didn't like the ring of it. Say it fast...don't you feel like you are yodeling? Koda Lee Koda Lee Koda La EE Who!

So, then I start thinking we need a strong boy name. A Michael, Andrew, something masculine for this child. I came up with Brooks...Koda Brooks....still, didn't love the ring of it. Sweet Chris liked both.

And then like lightning....it was there all the time....it is a family name.....the middle name of the man I love more than anything...Anthony...Koda Anthony Carpenter. I love it. Chris again says, "Yeah, I like it." But, since Chris didn't want a junior, at least Koda will have his dad's middle name...and mommy likes the ring to it!!!!! (Thank you Tonya Dodd. You always seem to do the nicest things for me and don't even realize it.)

1 comment:

Tonya Lee said...

I LOVE it, but you already knew that. I'm so glad Chris agreed (since we'd already decided anyway!). Can;t wait to meet that darling boy.