Friday, December 5, 2008

We Are FAMILY

WARNING: THIS IS VERY LONG.....YOU MAY HAVE TO PACE YOURSELF!
To continue our trip......

we landed in Bartlesville, Oklahoma at 4:30 p.m. and our first stop was at Kendra's office. We were so excited to get the hugs from aunt Kendra that there were no pictures taken.

Next we headed to my folks home for Grammie's chilli and a night of playing dolls :)


The next day when Kendra was at work, mom was getting her hair done and Dad was working in th office. Chris and I got to take the three kiddos out for lunch to BRAUM'S. If you aren't from Oklahoma, Arkansas or Texas you probably do not know that Braum's has the best ice cream and hamburgers in the planet!





This is what happens after the sugar reaches their blood stream....




But, if you are from Bartlesville, you know that one thing that you do almost daily is go to Wal-Mart!!! We ran in and exchanged some pajamas that were too small for Cami and we found MONKEY p.j.s (Cami loves Curious George). Well, it wouldn't be FAIR not to get Chloe and Devin some......arn't they adorable!


We also had a family photo taken....they were really great...but with OUR camera we got the bloopers.....


Sorry Mom and Dad...this was just too funny not to blog!!!! Remember you love me :)






That night Chef Boy R Kendall had prepared Chicken Tetrazini. This is a dish that I love to make. I have made it for years and it was also one of my husband's favorites for a long time. BUT, after tasting Mom's tetrazini my beloved replied, "Wow, that is the best thing I have ever had that you've made. Kyla has tried to make this, but this is great!" HELLO!!!! Did you say TRIED to make it...rember Kyla, you love him....anyways, at dinner we had a birthday celebration on the spry for Kendra. Chloe and I were so excited for her to open her gifts, that we couldn't wait until Friday (her birthday), so she opened our gifts.

But I have to say the gift for me that night was this......

If you know me, you know that I LOVE puzzles. I get this from my Father. He has always had a puzzle on the table at Thanksgiving and Christmas break. It is our "bonding time". My mother, well, she HATES them. She also dislikes us taking the table space in the kitchen. I caught this picture on film so I could actually have proof that she sat down and worked a few pieces! Miracles still exsist!


Of course not one picture of Turkey Day was taken! We celebrated at my Aunt Karen and Uncle Don's house. I am very fortunate to have always lived in the same town with them and they have always been there to love and support me growing up. I remember not having a ride home from the movies one summer day, who did I call...Uncle Don! Then in seventh grade my shorts were a 1/4 an inch too short for the short requirements at Madison Junior High. Who came to my rescue...Aunt Karen!!! She said she was going to stitch lace or fringe on them for me, but we got a another pair at home instead. We also got to see my cousin and her family. Kara Dawn and Joel are an awesome couple who are strong believers and who love to embarass their teenage daughter in public. I feel they are great role models for Chris and I!



But Friday was FUN DAY!


Chris, Kendra, Devin, Cami, Chloe and I took the van to T town. We went to lunch at a place that Kendra and I grew up LOVING as children. Casa Bonita. Where else can you pay mucho dinero for low quality food, yet sit in a cave or by a waterfall and have non stop sopapias!!!! We got to share this with our children.

I love my sister!!!!!!Do you remember how fun it was to pick out your tray????And the not so real looking water fall?

It was so fun!!!!

Then on to BUILD A BEAR.....


Oh the excitement. This was our fifth trip to build a bear with aunt Kendra. She loves it and is able to live through the kiddos without puffing one up herself! The funny thing was, this was Cami's first time to "build a bear" and she knew just what to do. Maybe those 2 years in the stroller she had gathered a lot more than we realized!

As you can see Chris' first time build a bearing was thrilling



The final product...a T Rex, Hannah Montana Bear and a naked Monkey
But one of the coolest things was when the kids got to jump on the trampoline with bungie ropes at the mall! Chloe flew. It made me wanna do it too, but the line got too long and I started worrying that I might puke or bounce too much!









Then off to the hotel.



You see, last year we decieded to spend the weekend in Branson. The kids were excited to stay in a motel and swim in the hotel pool. Well, funds were low and we hated to disappoint them, so Kendra found this hotel with a water park on the inside!!!!

And for our birthday dinners (Chris, Kendra and me) mom and Dad drove up and took us all to Shogun. The kids and grown ups loved it! Cami was so sleepy that she held her little face up.

Devin was quite dangerous with those chop sticks


Chris said, "Now, let's take one of how we really feel!"


Then we slept on number mattresses! I am not sure if I ever found "my number." But, after a breakfast at Cracker Barrel, we got in the car for another 5 hour trip to Arkansas. We had a wonderful awesome time. I am so thankful for thanksgiving break being a week!!!!


1 comment:

Betty said...

WhoooooWeeee!
Looks like everyone had way toooo much fun! I especially love the bloopers pics!