Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Christmas

What a Merry Christmas we Carpenters had!

On Christmas Eve, we started off with hot chocolate and then read the Christmas story....... first a hardback "age appropriate" book of Jesus' birth. Then to get all "teachery" on my kids, I used the nativity scene to explain the words that we read in the Bible. This is a tradition we have always had, but this time I know Chloe "got it." Then it was hilarious because Chloe wanted to get to bed right away...she "did not want coal in her stocking." I put Cami to bed telling her she had to go to sleep so that Santa would bring presents. She got really big eyed and said, "Sana no come to my house!" I told her he would just put the presents under the tree and then leave. He wouldn't come in her room. She replied, "Sana no come in my room. Sana no come in Mommy's room. Sana no come in Co Co's room!"

Daddy and I then "finished wrapping some presents" and got in bed about midnight.

Then the morning began with a scream from Chloe at our door at 7:00a.m.

And off to the tree we went!


After the girls rejoiced over Santa's gifts (HSM school for Chloe and Radio Flyer for Cami) and stocking stuffers galore, my sweet Chloe wanted to GIVE presents out first. I love this about my Chloe. She truely loves to give. First, it was Momma's gift, then Daddy's and then she asked if she could open one. (Sorry Cami- but to Chloe's defense Cami was so excited to eat the suckers that she got in her stocking, that she really could have cared less about the gifts.....until she started to open them.)




I have to say that my Mom and Dad sent at least 75% of the gifts under tree. We usually make sure we go to Oklahoma to celebrate with them, but this year we really needed to NOT travel. Cami still asks to go to "Mammie's house" everytime we get in the car, but I don't think she remembers the four days of traveling to get there and back.

Kendra, as always, sent the most exciting gifts.

Chloe went crazy over the cupcake maker...of course this is a toy that requires adult supervision....but she's worth it. We had to make two before we could get ready for lunch.

Here is a picture of the girls styling their new clothes Grammie sent.



Then we were on our way to the most delicious Christmas lunch ever eaten in Bellevue with Chris' family. There the girls were again spoiled with toys and clothes galore. Chloe seriously has the cutest clothes I have ever seen on a 5 year old! But, the best gift was for Cami. It is the Dance Cam! Can you believe that the Carpenters girls have lived without this??? (especially mommy!)

But one of the best Christmas gifts was that we didn't have an agenda the next day. We slept until almost 10:00a.m., then stayed in our p.j.s ALL DAY!!!!!!!!

Abd I still have one more week off!!!!

I am planning on potty training Cam....I am sure there will be blogs about that!








2 comments:

Betty said...

Oh!!! What a wonderful Carpenter Chrismas Story!!! I do looovvve the outfits...very stylish girls:)!

I must have one those cupcakes...let me know when I can taste test one...Love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Watch out IveyCake!!! Here comes Chloe CupCake!! Merry Christmas and Happy Newyear!!!!!!!!!!

Dardens