Saturday, December 13, 2008

Daughter of the King

I don't even know how to start this.....tonight my baby girl asked Jesus into her heart. We had talked for months about it, she even told her Sunday school class she had already asked him in her heart 7 times. So, she started the new believers class. Due to being sick, she missed the last class. I guess I had relied on that class to "make it official."

Tonight after kissing her goodnight in her bed she said, "Mom, you know how you said that you and me and Daddy could pray together to ask Jesus in my heart, can we do that tonight or later?"

"Chris!"

After we talked, Chris said that she could repeat after me if she wanted to, she said, "I just want to pray."

It was something like this: "Dear Jesus, I know I was born a sinner. I want to try to be my best. Thank you for loving me and for dying for me. Thank you that I finally get to ask you into my heart. Thank you for coming into my heart. amen"

Well, I have to say that was the sweetest most precious thing I have heard. She said what she wanted to say to her Father and I really feel that she knows what she asked for.

Thank you Father that I was able to hear my baby girl become a Christian. Thank you for answering a prayer I have prayed ever since she was being created inside my belly.

Tonight, Saturday, December 13th will always be a special day in our house! As well as, one of the most memorable moments in my life!

3 comments:

Betty said...

This is awesome and exciting news! Love you Chloe!

Jennifer said...

I am shedding tears of joy!!! What an awesome moment to experience with your baby girl.

Shawn said...

I'm so proud of you, Chloe! I can't wait to see how God uses your many gifts to show His love to others.

Love,
Ms. Heather