Wednesday, October 1, 2008

He's Home!!!!

He is home!!!! (and he brought back my camera)

Praise the Lord my mountain man has returned! After 9 days away from the women in his life, Chris returned with 13 less pounds, a slightly swollen knee and NO pictures!!!! Yes, the camera man wasn't able to take any pics with our camera, but here is some footage where he was.

Chris was asked to film Daniel lee Martin hunting in Colorado. Though he would not be able to hunt with a gun, Chris would be able to fly into the mountains, stay in a beautiful lodge, be cooked for and guided in the mountains to see God's creation, as well as, animals he has only seen in magazines for 9 days for FREE! He had a wonderful time tracking elk, riding horses up mountains to camp in tents and other manly stuff. I almost cried listening to him talk about all the things he saw and did, the things he has always dreamed of doing. I just have to thank God for giving this opportunity to my husband to do not only do what he loves, but to be given that gift for FREE. I am a city girl. Those who know me know that camping, bugs, outdoors, etc. are not for me. But, this trip was a true example to me of God giving those who serve Him the unexpected.

As for us on the homefront, my sweet parents came from Oklahoma to taxi and care for my little ones, as well as, help me keep my sanity. My dad was the taxi driver to and from preschool for Cami and home from school for Chloe while Mommy had conferences until 9:00 at night. And then my sainty mother cleaned the kitchen, washed dishes, organized drawers and did probably 400 loads of laundry. I almost didn't let her leave! thank you guys so much.

But, like I said, MY MAN IS HOME! So I am getting off this computer to love on HIM! Good night! :)

2 comments:

Betty said...

Welcome Home! Sounds like quite an amazing 9 day journey!

Shawn said...

Glad you have your man back. Sounds like a great trip!
~H