Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Cami!

Today we had Cami's 2nd birthday party...if you weren't invited it was only because I did not have you in my e-vite address list. Seriously, I was in a rush. There I was last week in Central America laying on my bed when I popped up and said, "Betty, I never planned a birthday party for Cami!"

If you know me, I like to do these things right. I usually plan a theme months before, start shopping for the perfect goodie gift and then create my birthday invites with velum and photos. These crafted invitations are to reach the invitees at least two weeks before the date of the galla. Well, since I was getting back ON her birthday I realized that I had short changed my number 2. Chloe's second birthday had a giant Elmo visit for goodness sake, and my poor number 2 was getting an e-vite invitation sent out 6 days before the event.




But, though it seemed to be a very busy day for many, many of our sweet friends and family came to the park and celebrated with us "pumpkin style." We decorated cookies and pumpkins, swang and slided, and then we sang Happy Birthday

and opened presents. I think she loved it. She loved her gifts and had so much fun that she passed out cold as we drove into our neighborhood.


Thank you to all who were able to celebrate with us. Cami is and always has been my "joy bucket." When I was told I had cancer in May of 2007, I would just hold her and my fears would vanish. I felt like when I was empty of joy, holding her filled me up again. She always makes me smile when I come home tired and grumpy by running to the door with her arms open wide and screaming, "MOMMMY!" And even though when we ask her "Are you Mommy or Daddy's girl?" she answers "Paw Paw's girl," she will always be my joy bucket! Thank you God for my sweet baby girl.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Cami! I think a 2 year old is just as happy to see mom, dad, sister, family and friends at her party more than a big red stuffed animal:)))) NOT that that isn't fun, but chances are she won't remember it anyhoo! The MOST important thing is that she is loved, loved, loved!!!!!!

Shawn said...

Awww, what a nice trip down memory lane. I love your hair short in those pictures...so chic!