Friday, October 10, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Farm

As you all know, I leave my sweet family for a week starting Saturday......tomorrow! So, the last few days have been FAMILY time! Wednesday, Mommy took the girls to get a free ice cream (thank you Chapman's Retreat PTO) at McDonalds and then play with them in the playground. Yes, all 130 "some" pounds in that thing. I actually skinned my elbow coming down the really steep slide. (All your kids who play in Spring Hill's McD's will be able to tell you about it!) Then we came home piled into a bath (together) and got to bed.

Thursday, some teachers were taking their kiddos to the Pumkin patch in Columbia as a "field trip". Chloe and Cami were pumped! I knew God wanted us to go because I had no funds, but then Chris got paid $11...and guess how much it was for the three of us ...$11. (yea, Chris really wasn't up for it. He wanted to get some work done and these things are not his favorite.)


We all put on our tie dye shirts and headed south. I got some really cute pictures!



Here is the group of kiddos...I never got permission to paste these, so names will be left out!



Here we go to the pumpkin patch. We were on a hay ride and say soem scarey stuff on the way. I am not a big fan of ghosts and skeletons, so this was my least favorite part. So, I took pics!


Okay, so the Patch was lame...but the pumpkins were pretty!


Chloe found the perfect pumkin!


On the wayI back I got some cute pictures of the proud pumpkin fiders!

Got to love this!!!

Then in was time for education. We made butter, milk cows, learned about corn and cotton and then, well...look how cute this is. Cami just walked up and snuggled into Chloe! I almost cried!

We were lead to a cotton "patch" maze to find cotton

This was the time Mommy got blurred vision. I had this before I got sick on Sunday night, so I took 3 advil. The vision got better, so we drove home. When I walked in the door, it fely like I got shot with a gun.....so needless to say, Chris and I had quality time too....at the ER. They diagnosed it as a migrane due to stress and sinuses. I am so ready to get to Nicatagua. The word Stress dosen't really exsist for me there. I am home today in bed doing report cards and took a break to do some fun. My sweet Chris has given me my meds, so in a few minutes it will be nap time.

After all this I have to thank God for the blessings He continues to give. Who would have thought that Chris and I would have been able to laugh and love on each other more in an ER waiting room than on a date...only God!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

So sorry about your headaches! I'll pray that does not affect you in Nicaragua.

Did you get your snackies?

~H