Sunday, October 5, 2008

On my way!

Well, I got through the 9 days without my husband, parent teacher conferences, and yesterday CNC went off beautifully. I guess it is time for things to slow down....wait! I leave for another country in 6 days!

Yes, on Saturday I will leave my sweet family with tears in my eyes to open my heart and arms to the children of Nicaragua. Last year was such a wonderful experience. I fell in love with the beautiful children at the orphange. Here are some pics:




I was so sad when I heard that we will not be going back to the orphange this year. I will not get to see the children that I met and fell in love with. My sweet Kari, Rosa, christopher, Juan Ramon, Claudia, and on and on. But, as our director put it, these children know Christ. Let's focus on sharing the gospel to those that need him...oh, okay.
We are going to another village to help the school children and their families. I am so blessed that my sweet friend Betty will be going as well. She is such an amazing woman. She is such an encourager and such a servant. I cannot wait to serve next to her.
But, Satan, won't let it be easy on me. I feel horrible (sinus stuff) and my sweet Chloe just threw up. Off to the doctor tomorrow for her. It is hard for me to leave her not feeling 100%, so I am praying for a quick recovery.
Okay, well, off to read the blogs I have not been able to see.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Kyla-I cannot wait for this Saturday! I have seen what God can do BEFORE leaving on a mission trip and it all has been AMAZING!I am so excited to have you my sister in Christ with me on this journey. I praise God everyday for you, your servant heart, and your commitment to love on HIS children no matter the cost!Get well soon because we all need you!!!

Love,
Betty