Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy 9 Years C.C.

CAUTION: this is very sappy!

Nine years ago today I was in Jamacia as a new bride.


I remember the love I had for Chris.....I was truely infatuated. The man could do no wrong. No matter what he said, didn't say, did or didn't do and no matter what anyone said about him, he was mine and I adored him. I was strucken by his smile and would melt when he looked at me. And no matter how many times I heard the same joke, I would laugh, a REAL laugh!

Well, nine years have passed and we have been through a lot of ups and a lot of downs. We have grown closer to each other and most importantly to God. And I can still say that no matter what he says or doesn't say, no matter what he does or doesn't do and no matter what people may say about him...he is MINE, mine forever. I realize that I take for granted his eyes and smile every day, but I hope he knows I would never want to take this journey without him and I still adore him.... Happy Nine years!
We actually got to slip away for dinner at Fulin thanks to Chad Carson! He gave us an awesome gift certificate...thanks Chad!!!! And thanks to our sweet friend the Apples who took our babies for the night so we could actually talk and laugh with each other one on one. It was awesome.
Here we are at Fulin
Funny thing, when I got in the car AFTER dinner I saw this......can we say I was in a hurry!
But the best part of the night was being with Chris with no one else around. Laughing and just enjoying the man I love!

3 comments:

Betty said...

Sooo happy to be a part of your celebration of 9 years of bliss...wishing you 2 another year full of LOVE...LOVE...LOVE!!!!

Shawn said...

Okay, that shoe incident is hilarious!! I actually went to church one time with one black heel and one navy heel...so embarrassing!

Love that purple maxi on your too...you look beautiful!

Happy 9th!
~H

Aaron Johnson said...

love the flip flops!!!

Happy Anniversary.