Friday, June 19, 2009

A New Creation

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. Romans 6:4


I don't think I even need to write a word...the pictures tell the story.








But I do want to say how proud I am of my Chloe Grace for making the biggest decision of her life at age 6!
Some people think 6 is too young to fully understand what it means to choose Christ to reign over your life, but I too accepted Christ as my Savior at 6 and was baptized with my best friend on Easter Sunday. And I know without a shadow of a doubt that Jesus Christ entered my life at that moment. Now, all of the other big decisions of her life will be so much easier...I mean can you imagine deciding what career to have without Christ's guidance? Or who you want to spend the rest of your life with without The Holy Spirit lead? I feel so much peace knowing that she will have His Holy Spirit to guide her and lead her when she has to make a tough decision. And honestly, I am about to cry because my sweet baby girl is all the way in Florida with her grandparents having a fantastic time while I want to kiss her little face off!

6 comments:

Betty said...

What a special homecoming it was for me to witness Chloe and Ashton's baptism that Sunday morning!!! No words can describe the joy I felt in my heart!!!

Alicia (dna) said...

Very sweet! I love the last picture of the girls.
Thanks for sharing!

Shawn said...

Sweet post. The pictures do say it all.
~H

Anonymous said...

I love it! Maddie was baptized last year with her best friend too! What a special day!
jamie b

Kendra said...

I sooo wish we could have been there! Thanks for blogging this and everything else, it helps me feel closer.

I told Devin that Chloe was baptized and he said "HALLELUJIAH!" with his hands raised.

roza said...

I am sorry I am such a blog neglector!!!! I am soooo happy I didn't miss this one though! I am proud of Chloe!!!!! Very Sweet!!!