Saturday, May 23, 2009

Please Pray for Clara Jean

Last year, I was lucky to have Clara Jean Kendall in my class. She is a very bright, happy and beautiful little girl with brown eyes and brown hair. She has three sisters and a very supportive and loving mommy and daddy.

On Thursday, as I was packing up my class, Clara Jean and her mom Kristi came into my classroom to say bye. But, what I thought was just a goodbye turned into something more. Sunday, Clara Jean had a bump on her head that began to grow and by that day it had formed a large lump. After a CAT scan and MRI, they found that it was a tumor but was not in her brain but against it and that it had started to shape her skull. The doctors think it would be benign due to its location, but cannot be sure.

As for now she is scheduled to have surgery to remove it June 4th. I will be praying in Nicaragua and ask that you too pray for her. Pray for her family. Pray for a mircle. Pray that God's glory will be shown when she comes out beautifully from this crazy mess.

Kristi has made a blog at clarajeankendall.blogspot.com for others to learn what is going on every day. I added it to my list because I knew you too would want to be a part of a miracle waiting to happen.

No comments: