Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Our Graduate

Maybe it is because I am a kindergarten teacher, but I may have been the only one without tears Monday night. Monday night the kindergarteners at Chapman's Retreat had their Kindergarten celebration (NOT Graduation because the school board only wanted one "graduation"). Over 180 kids sang, danced and cheered on the risers celebrating their last week in kindergarten. I was on the complete other end than Chloe's class, but I still got to see her sing and dance....and look over her shoulder numerous times ......at a boy!!!!!

Here are a few pics along with the famous "Tooty Tah"

Our family

singing like an angel

looking at "the boy!!!"

Her wonderful teacher Kim Pantall. When I worked with Kim before I was pregnant with Cami, I told her that if we came to this school I would LOVE for her to teach Chloe...God answered my prayers 2 years later when Chloe was placed in her class!!! She is the kindest person I have ever met. She makes learning fun AND she scrapbooks!!!!!


Tooty Tah

But, the for the teacher side of me, I had two hilarious comments that I wanted to share.

The first came from a little boy in my class that has been quite a stinker. His dad said,"tell her thank you for putting up with me." He looked straight at me and said, "thanks for putting up with my dad."

When we got on the risers I had a little girl whose face turn like a deer in headlights and started looking like she may cry. I stood by her and calmed her down. She was fine and happily singing through the whole program. Afterwards, I asked her if she was scared when she got up there she said. "Yeah, I almost wet myself!"

2 comments:

Tonya Lee said...

I just want to know if you were standing in front of all those people showing them how to do it- funny view!

Betty said...

Congrats to the graduate!!!
And...yippee...hooray for the teacher that it's summer time!!!