Monday, February 16, 2009

Anybody tired of possum stories yet?

I know I am...... but I love my husband and want him to get to share his trapping stories with the world!


Saturday morning, while Chris was in bed with pneumonia, I saw that he had trapped yet another possum. Poor thing, how was he going to get out with Jethro unable to get out of bed! Chris then tells me that I, the one who is NOT an outdoorswoman or even an animal lover for that matter, am going to set it free. As I am walking to the door to figure out how in the world this contraption works, Chris is behind me whizzing that he has to get this on film! Sorry I look like I just got out of bed....I did.









But, as you can see, Chris' patience for teaching me how to "untrap the trap" was not there, so I went a head and filmed him letting the little guy free!






Funny thing though, he was free to go but stayed there for hours. It was like the little guy was so worn out that he could only move an inch then fall asleep. Then wake up and do the same thing again!






But, I will tell you who does love these critters. My little Cameron LOVES to see the "kunks and the possems".




Cameron is now braver than her Mommy! Now, Binji the Jungle Girl was Crocilde Steve's daughter what could we call Cameron, daughter of the Skunk Trapper??


1 comment:

Betty said...

I'd like to take a "little" credit for Cami's animal bravery since we Apples are much like "Animal Kingdom" with dogs,cats,and wild "cowboys and Indians" running around she has taken a liking to that lifestyle when she visits:)

Ok...so maybe she just was born with it:)

Ether way-I am darn proud to be her Ms.Betty!