Friday, January 30, 2009

Her First Dance

Well, last Tuesday night Chloe came home excited that she was going to a Father Daughter Dance with her Daddy. Seriously, she asked me at least 10 times Wednesday, how many more days until the dance. When we were at Kroger, Chris went down another aisle, and Chloe said to me, "I think I know where Daddy went. He went to get me flowers for the dance." Oh, my poor Chloe......she has no idea that her Daddy is not a gift giver, and when he does get a gift it will be purchased 10 minutes before the event....... or after the event!
Anyways, I made sure Chris was on board for this because his little girl's heart was gonna break if he messed this one up! He assured me he was.
Tonight I found a dress at Marshall's on the clearance rack....it said CHLOE WOULD love me. I told Chris that HE needed to give it to her for the dance. Watching this 36 year old man sit on his daughter's princess comforter as he gave his 5 year old daughter a brand new dress was priceless. Oh, the look on her face when she took it out of the sack. Then after she tried it on, the sweet hug and "thank you, Daddy." It almost made me cry.
Well, she just asked me to take her picture of her in her new dress for the dance and put it on the blog.......I thought the story was so sweet that it was a must!
Oh, and Cami had to put on a dress and take pictures too!

It is crazy to think that one day she will be getting ready for a dance, but the looks of love on her face will be for a pimply little punk! I don't think I am even going to start thinking about that one.........

1 comment:

Betty said...

How sweet and oh so priceless!!! Both your girls look adorable in their dresses. My prayer is their hearts will alwyas know they are beautiful in the eyes of both their earthly and heavenly father.