Monday, January 19, 2009

Hayley's Surprise


One of my dearest friends is having a baby.....VERY soon!
We wanted to have a shower for Hayley at school, but we never knew if she would make it. But, praise the Lord she has made it to 34 weeks and the doctor said that she can have baby boy the next time she starts contracting.
You see she started this contracting stuff a LONG time ago(in her 20th week I think) and she has been a prayer request for me ever since. So, a planned shower was never in the cards for us. She has been on bed rest since Christmas break, so today on MLK day, we tried to surprise her with a baby shower.



No, that is not her baby, that is another miracle God has given my teammate!
This is her son and the soon to be big brother Tyler. What a doll!

We celebrated with cake, cookies and fruit tea, and of course PRESENTS!




But, one of the best party gifts was our baby Brooke. Here she is with Debbie.



But not only did the grown ups get to love on her, but Tyler also got a little practice loving on a little one!



Hayley and I have taught together for over two years. Many times in our friendship, she has been my sanity. She helps me laugh when I want to scream and she reminds me of God's words strength when I need it most. I love you Hayley and am so blessed to be a part of this amazing time in your family's life.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Awwwww...How Sweet!!!!
I can't wait to meet the newest Jones Boy!!!

Tonya Lee said...

I am so glad your party went so well! I am also very thankful that Hayley has made it so far! I have been also waiting to see that miracle little girl's face and she is as beautiful as I thought she'd be! I also love the new blog facelift. You've inspired me, stay tuned!