Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Spring Hillbillies

Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Chris



Not a day of huntin' he would ever miss



Then one day his house got sprayed by a skunk



Chris swore to his family, "I'll get that punk!"



So, he got himself a trap and set it in the 'yard



went to bed early since he was really tared



Woke up next morning excited as can be



went to the trap but, a skunk he did not see.....






A Possum that is, pink nose, beady eyes.



The Spring Hillbillies!



And no we didn't cook him, we set the little guy free



Though the girls begged for him to be a part of the family



The moral of the story, if you don't wanna be "red"

Don't try to catch varmints, just call someone instead

6 comments:

Betty said...

What a clever poem. And...the little guy was kinda cute. Thank you for setting him free and not eating him:)Good luck on catching the punky skunk!

roza said...

OH my Lord!!!! Leave it to the Carpenters!!! What an awesome poem!!!! That's why we love you guys!!!!!!

Pamela Johnson said...

ooh, if you catch a skunk or have a fresh spray, call me!!! I'll be there in 5.

Tonya Lee said...

You my friend are special, in a good way of course! Apparently you haven't hosted a baby shower in so long you've had to turn your mad rhyming skills to redneck venues!

Melissa Lee said...

I am more than a little impressed, I must say!!!

Loving the word "tared."

Jennifer said...

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. Guys we could not ask for better neighbors! The poem is too funny!