Thursday, August 14, 2008

Where the Wild Things Are

If you want to know where they are....they are in my backyard!
Many of you know that Lizzy and America lived in our backyard for awhile...these were two lizzards. Chloe was so extatic to have pets that she named them.

Then one day, our neighbor was in our yard swinging her little boy on the swingset when she saw a snake.....not a little one, but a 4to5 foot Copperhead. My amazing Chris, King of the Wilderness, put gas in the tree it was hiding in then when it came out, he began to chop it with a shovel. What a man.

Then a few days later...Chloe spied another snake.....another huge Copperhead. So, it was Chris to the rescue again. This time he actually set the thing on fire after the chopping didn't work!!

It was been months without any reptile spottings, so the girls and their Daddy were swinging in the backyard Tuesday afternoon while Mommy was inside on the computer. I heard lots of laughter and squealing, when I then heard a cry......

While sliding down the slide, Cami got stung in the chest by a wasp! She was so brave. Braver then I was feeling when I saw her red chest so swollen that it looked like a lifesaver stuck in her chest.


But, after a little benadryl cream, ice pack and bath, our brave little one was fine.

So, I am wondering.....God do you NOT want us outside. I mean, I am not and have never been a big fan of the outdoors, but really how many signs do we need?????

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Ethan sends his condolences, Cami. He got stung three times on the hand last weekend. I have to admit I am so glad it was a wasp and not a copperhead!