Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm a BIG girl now!

Well, today was Chloe's first day of kindergarten.....

She woke up excited, but then the tears came.... "those shoes hurt my feet." We went round and round and I was not going to let her wear her nasty old tennis shoes when she had two new pairs in the closet! Then, the headbands that I bought her were missing.....I felt that I had failed sending my child off to school not dressing as cute as I wanted. But, in the car I realized that I was worried about what others thought...I was teaching her the wrong message. SHe is beautiful on the inside, the outside is NOT worth the tears.

She had a great day, of course. Happy every step of the way. Her words are " it was awesome and my favorite thing was making new friends and learning new art! and...... I love my teacher and she loves me just like a pro!" (so do I!!!)

6 comments:

Betty said...

She IS beautiful-just like her mommy!

Klh said...

She is such a beauty! I miss her!
Ms. Kim

Klh said...

Oh by the way, I love your blog. I found it by the way of Big Nanny's blog. I love reading about your family and seeing how much Chloe has grown. Tell her I said "hello"
Ms. Kim

Tonya Lee said...

Uh, yeah we might have that headband, and a pair of shoes, and a shirt, and a skirt, and unmentionables, and a Hannah Montana thermos, and a princess pen...you know what, you should just come over and go through our house!

Melissa Lee said...

Do you know that I remember when that child was born? Heck, I remember the day you came up on the stage and told me you were pregnant. I CANNOT BELIEVE she is this old. I am so proud of the parents you and Chris are. Ya'll are doing an EXCELLENT job...just look at her!

Melissa

Shawn said...

Please post something...anything...I need to know how you're doing and funny school stories!!

What? You're busy or somethin?

Love,
~H