Sunday, August 10, 2008

Big D little a double L, A, S

I just got back from an AWESOME weekend with my best friend from High School.....well, middle school, well, we played together in 3rd grade AND kindergarten. Crazy huh? Before I tell you about our weekend, I would like to show you were it all began......





Sarah May and Kyla Erwin became inseparable in ninth grade. We were so pumped when our moms let us "spend the night" three nights in a row that summer! Not everyone has matching "rugbies" and stone wash jeans (French rolled at the ankle of course) and bangs that scrape heaven! This translates to two ninth graders that we MUST be best friends!!!





We also dated twins...how much MORE best friends can you be?????





I had to add this picture of Sarah and I skiing with Teri...though her bangs weren't as tall as ours, she was a BFF and still is!!!

Lastly, I just had to show you this picture so that you can see the size of my HAIR!!!!! You have to really look in the background to distinguish the hair from the backdrop, but when you do, you will be amazed...shocked....embarassed for me?????

Okay, now for my weekend. It began when I was picked up at the airport by my VERY pregnant best friend and her ADORABLE 4 year old little boy Kaleb and 20 month little girl Campbell. Sarah took me to the "cookie store" for lunch. The Swirl Bakery had the best snickerdoodle I have ever tasted!!!! Here are some pics:


How adorable is that Campbell?




Here is Kaleb showing his muscles...what a doll!







But the BEST part of lunch was watching the excitement from Kaleb as he picked out his cookie that he said he NEEDED, no not wanted, but NEEDED.



After lunch we went to Sarah's house....wow. For those who do not know, Sarah and Ryan and her two babies have been in an apartment for years.....5 I think. They did this to save up to buy a house in this particular neighborhood. When we drove in the neighborhood I was waiting for the houses to start getting smaller...you know get to the back of the neighborhood where the not as expensive homes are....we never did!!!! They live in a GORGEOUS home that you think must be their parents and they are just pretending it is theirs. I am soooooo happy for my dear friend. Even though the house was georgous, we decided to stay in a hotel to make it more of a vacation, get away for mommy (and I got her all to myself). Guess where we stayed...SPRING HILL Marriot!

It was awesome. We watched Maid of Honor (which I didn't get to see when it came out because my sweet husband said he would rather hit his head on cement) and ate cookie dough just like we did in high school!



Then we were off to shop. We had so much fun. We hit San Moon and the outlet mall, as well as, ate like queens and had many, many, many frapacinos. Sunday we went to church at the Village Church. It was wonderful. I plan on downloading the sermon for Chris to hear and the weeks to come as well. http://www.thevillagechurch.net/


That afternoon we got pedicures. It was amazing. The massage chair was worth the $26 in my opinion!!!


So, thank you Chris and Ryan for letting us have a weekend to just focus on friends again. Though our coversations shifted from boys and school to God and the cow pattern Dooney and Burke purse, we shared an awesome weekend that proved we still have a bond that will never go away. I love you Sarah!!!!

4 comments:

Betty said...

LOVE the bangs! We could have been BFF's for sure! I am soooo happy you girls had a blast-makes me want to head to TX and catch up with some old BFF's of my own!

Shawn said...

So glad you had fun! I love those hair pics. We could have shared hair and no one would have known!

Big Nanny said...

Big D, little a, double l,a,s. I looked at your blog this morning and say that title and didn't get it. I thought it was some hokey cheer or something. I even thought: I wonder where she went? I just saw it listed again in my blog list column and I thought: Wow, she went to Dallas. Yes, I am the person that you entrust your children to each week at church. I'm sure your feeling good about that right now.

Shawn said...

That is some substantial hair...

-Shawn