Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My baby's Daddy

Okay, I have to brag. I married the sweetest man and the BEST Daddy for my kids. I just found this video on the camera and had to share it with you:


When I married Chris Carpenter I knew I was in love with him, but I never knew what kind of Daddy he would be. He was always funny, so I knew he would be a fun dad, but how would he discipline? How protective would he be? Would he be patient? After we had been married a year and a half, I started getting "the itch." He wasn't ready. He said there were too many things he wasn't ready to give up. But, after a while he "gave in". When the time came, I got to tell him the good news with a little camo.
And then on June 3, 2003 when Chloe Grace was born, his heart exploded.
He loved his baby girl.


Though the hunting slowed down a little, we still had our date nights and we still had our NAPS! But then, I was ready for #2. Chris said he wasn't ready. He didn't think he could love another one as much as he loved Chloe. There wasn't room in our little house for another and he wasn't ready to lose more time outdoors. But, after we moved into the bigger house...guess what!

Cameron Elise was born on October 18, 2006
This time, Chris Carpenter was telling ME that we needed another one right away. He had so much love for his two girls that surely we needed more! (Obviously, he didn't just spend 9 months very uncomfortable, give birth or deal with the breast feeding every 3 hours of the day and night!)


And here we are today. With a family of 5!


Can you believe it? We can't. But, what I do know is that no matter the craziness, lack of sleep or frustration, we LOVE our kids. And the love I see in Chris for his kids makes me adore him even more! He is a better Daddy than I could have imagined.

No comments: