Monday, March 15, 2010

Koda's Story

Every birth has a story...and well, mine have been pretty boring, until now.


Saturday night I realized I hadn't slept in 3 nights, so I would take an Ambien to get some rest. I started having some regular contractions, but I had them the night before and they went away. I fell asleep at 10, only to be awaken by CONTRACTIONS at 11:00. I woke up Chris and said we are going to the hospital! Sweet Julie had told me that day that she would come stay with the girls if it happened that night, so Julie came to the rescue and we were off.

You have to realize that I have had two inductions. With Chloe, I was having contractions but I was only dilated at a 2. So, they broke my water and gave me pitocin.

Cami was also induced at 41 weeks...and then I was only dilated at a 3.

When I got to the hospital room I was at a 6-7! And well, I now KNEW what a contraction felt like!


Chris even filmed me going through one. I think it is funny, but please don't watch or judge if you think this is TMI!

I finally got an epidural, but after many contractions we found out that there was a "kink" in it and it only numbed my legs!!!!!! They asked if I wanted to go ahead and go natural or have the guy pull out the epidural and get a whole new one. After have two episiotomys, I said, let's go for number two! Praise the Lord at a 9, I felt nothing! It was time to push!
Did I forget to mention that this whole time I felt like I was "under the influence" due to the Ambien? I remember talking to the nurse and my vison was crossing....in the middle of pushing I would close my eyes and have trouble opening them!

Of course on a Saturday night at 11:45p.m. my beloved Dr. Scott was not on call, but Dr. Rupe did a great job with me!
After about 20 minutes he was here! At 3:51a.m. (actually 2:51, but it was daylight savings time) Koda arrived with lots of black hair and a nose just like Cami's! He was 8lbs 14oz, so I was happy I took the second epidural.
But as soon as we were ready to go to sleep, it was 6:00 a.m., so here came all the nurses to take blood and check stats.

Here are some fun pictures of these two days in the hospital. Yes, I am writing this here. I don't see "time to kill" on my blog in my near future!

5 comments:

Big Nanny said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!

Mr. and Mrs. Jackson said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see you and meet that sweet baby boy! :)

Shawn said...

Oh you did so great!! I love that the nurse is saying, "you do whatever you need to do" and all you muster is "ow!" A lot of people would have caught some not so nice words on camera at that moment!

~H

Tabitha said...

He is beautiful Kyla and Chris! Cami showed me her pictures of her baby brother in school on Wednesday. She was very proud!

Pamela Johnson said...

Love the story!! He is so handsome!