Thursday, April 23, 2009

Show Some Love

Last Sunday night (my Daddy's birthday) was a benefit concert for our friends Steve and Elmira's baby girl. See, they are adopting a baby girl from Africa. This precious little girl may not even have been born yet, but Steve and Elmira have prayed, prepared and are anxiously awaiting this little angel to be a part of their family.


But, no one tells you how much money you have to put down for a little one! Really! These babies are literally being thrown away in trash cans, and a wonderful couple in the U.S. has to pay $30,000-$40,000 to get to love and take care of it. These things baffle me, but anyways.
Here are steve and Elmire saying thanks to all their friends.




The concert was a blast. It had a lot of singing, but our favorite was by far J.D. Smith...


I even got to jump in a sing a little BGV! Don't I look hilarious!
But it wasn't about me. It was about...... sisters


.........friends

.......and lovers


showing some love.


I cannot wait to hold this angel in my arms. Her name is Kaiyin (meaning long, awaited for child). Please keep her and our friends in your prayers!

No comments: