Sunday, April 12, 2009

My tribute To Rita


To many, this is a silly picture. For Kyla Erwin, this is HUGE.
#1 I hate mustard! #2 I used to hate pickles. And #3, I used to hate deviled eggs. Then, I met Rita Carpenter. Many know her as my husband's mother or my mother in law, but to some she could be seen as a miracle maker!
See, when Chris and I were dating I had to be polite. I went over for dinner and she had made coleslaw....I did not like coleslaw. But, I tried it to be nice and THIS woman made coleslaw like I had never tasted! I loved it! I soon learned the secret to the coleslaw was/were the PICKLES! I hated pickles, but THIS woman jars them herself! They are so sweet and yummy! So, a couple of years ago, I went ahead and tried her deviled eggs.......LOVED THEM!
And today, Easter Sunday, April 12, 2009....I, Kyla Erwin Carpenter made deviled eggs!!!! (And no, they do not have mold on them, they are eggs we had dyed on Friday.)
So, thank you Rita Joy Carpenter for working your taste bud magic on me! Now, if you can only get Deanna to eat veggies! Just playin' Deanna! Love ya, Kyla

No comments: