Thursday, November 6, 2008

Miracles

I guess people really do read this because I had two people ask me about having cancer in May 2007. This is when I get to share about my miracle.

I got a call saying that the mole I had removed the week before was malignant. Knowing nothing, I asked "is that cancer?"

nurse:"yes."

me: Would it just be on the outside or could in be inside?

nurse: We will know when we do surgery next week. Until then, we will send off the biopsy to California like we do every biopsy for another opinion. We will call next week to schedule your surgery.

My head was spinning. I was not expecting this at all. I remember sitting on the side of the tub telling Chris as if it was a bad joke. He didn't react to the situation at all. I learned through this that my husband reacts to tough stuff by ignoring it. I told my friends and family and was amazed by their worries and shock.

I remembering crying in the shower at the thought of chemo, leaving my children motherless and my husband without a partner, but then I was at peace.

I realized that no matter what I was about to go through He would be with me. I felt a calming peace at the thought of His big hand carrying me through it all.

I got so many phone calls and friends telling me they were praying for me. I was like a celebrity! People were praying for ME in groups in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Virginia, and Tennessee!

I got a call on my cell phone from the doctor and was anxious to hear when I was going to start this journey. The nurse said, we got your results from our lab in California. Your mole was a "spitz nerva" which mimics cancer cells.

I said so I don't have cancer?

She said, no we are so sorry.

Not me! At first, my flesh was angry for what their mistake caused me the last week, but then His small voice spoke up,
"Don't dismiss this. I saved you. I gave you this miracle."

It was easy to say that it was just human error when I got to tell everyone I didn't have cancer, it was hard to explain it was a miracle. People would think I was crazy...but for Him that's okay.

He still does miracles everyday...we just miss them or excuse them.

My challenge for you is to look for the miracles He has performed in your life.....this week...today! But, most importantly give Him the glory!

3 comments:

Casey said...

Hi Kyla! It's Casey (Kime)!!! Bethany told me about your blog so of course I had to check it out and see what you were up to! Your girls are so beautiful. I remember seeing you at Stephanie's wedding shower several years ago and Chloe was so little.
I'm so glad everything is going good for you. Hope you have a great week!

Betty said...

Yes...it is about Him and not us! Praise Jesus for "their" mistake because you and your family are a blessing to us! We love you lots and anytime we get to spend with you is a miracle :)!

Anonymous said...

Kyla, I love reading your blog! It is so fun to read stories about your precious family! This story about your miracle was so moving. Thanks for sharing.

jamie b.