Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mary and Martha Moral

Well, I was just having the most wonderful conversation with Chloe about Mary and Martha. Ms. Heather told her the story in Sunday School and Chloe was quick to tell me who made the right choice.....

After just cleaning up the kitchen, folding laundry, running a new load and picking up things from every room in the house, I tried to make sure she knew that Martha did not make the wrong choice for cooking and preparing for Jesus, she just needed to stop and show that being with Jesus was more important than the preparing part. I think every woman I know has a hard time with this story. Seriously, I would love to just sit and visit with those around me, but who is gonna do laundry? sweep the crumbs of the kitchen floor? pick the clothes up from the floor and put them in the basket?......

ANYWAYS, I stopped and thought, "Cami is sure quiet. I am sure she is in her room taking out every blanket and burp cloth from her drawers and putting them on her bed like she does every day." So, I wasn't as quick on myt feet as I should have been. here is what I found:

Make up Maddness


Yes, this little Diva had gone through my make up bag IN my purse, pouring out all the powder like salt over all its contents and then creatively painting her lips (she did do a great job putting the lip gloss stick back in the lip gloss though.) And though I was hoping the powder in every creavace of my purse and wallet could help me finally get a new purse, it washed out fine. Moral of the story......maybe Martha should have been sitting with her two year old and not cleaning up the disaster of a house???? I am still perplexed on this one.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Sweet Chloe, she was a great listener!
I think it's all balance and priorities my friend. Mary's priorities were spot on while Martha's were a bit out of whack. And who can blame her???? If Jesus had arrived unannounced at my house, my temptation would be to run around like a crazy woman. I pray that my response would/will be like Mary's.
Hmph, it's a tough one!
~H

Betty said...

Oh-we are praying tonight!
Love you girl!