Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter... a little late

Easter Sunday started with what sounded like elephants running to our bedroom door.... I had forgotten the Easter bunny came! So, up we went into the living room to see what the bunny brought....The girls were delighted with their Easter treats.


The teacher in me, could not let the Bunny be what we celebrated, so this year Chloe and I read 4 children's books about what Easter is really about! JESUS
But, my dreams of going to church with my family in matching outfits did not happen. After thinking about it, taking a 3 week old to church not knowing when he would like to cry or eat kinda took away the enjoyment of the service for me. And if you know me, I have a little fear of all the germs that people pass as they feel they must touch the new baby.
So, in true Carpenter style, we ate at Pancho's with the Carpenter (and Thornton) crew. Then I promised Chloe we would color eggs and have an Easter egg hunt.....

Sunday night we colored the eggs, but didn't get to have a hunt until Monday.


The Carpenters have a tradition of the Golden Egg (which is actually silver). Inside there is real MONEY! So, that was what the girls were really trying to get. And the winner was....








But, Chloe won the prize of finding the MOST eggs!

Happy Easter everyone! And remember what the holiday is really about.....fijitas and cheese dip...no, how amazing it is that God sent his son to be beaten to death for our sake. But, not just that, Jesus rose from the dead to show what an amzing Holy God we serve!

No comments: