Sunday, March 29, 2009

Experiencing Wilderness My Way

We all know that I live with a true outdoorsman. If you have even read some of my blogs, you know that I, myself, feel I am turning a bit "red in the neck". But the REAL Kyla Michelle Erwin Carpenter likes to enjoy the "wilderness" the way did the other weekend in the Smokies. Yes, the wilderness MY style includes nice retauants, swimming pools, aquariums, and HOTELS!

My wonderful, beautiful and talented older sister Kendra (who by the way is single! hee hee) drove all the way to Nashville with my adorable nephew Devin. They stayed with us that night (after enjoying Azuka) and then we were off to Gatlinburg.
We ran into a few bears at the hotel. It was funny how the children reacted.......
Devin, the snuggler, got a "bear hug"
Chloe, my diva, asked her bear for a dance

And Cami, a huge fan of "Poo Poo Panda" gave hers a kick in the leg!



Kendra and I even got in on a little bear love!

Notice the matching shirts? Yah, my idea....it was also my idea to take a picture together in front of this sign. BELIEVE me it was NOT easy....and I think the adults complained the most!
Now, don't you LOVE the funny face my daughter has to have in every picture?



Wonder where she gets that?


The most fun though was just being together!But, to tell you the truth, we all really enjoyed pulling a prank on Chris (aka Daddy or Uncle Chris). Since he was always the first to fall asleep, AS WELL AS, a loud snorer, Kendra wanted to paint his nails! Yes, it was her idea, but I was ALL for it!


The kids loved it too!



The best was the next morning when we heard a loud yell from the shower "That's just great!"

We were so sad to leave the hotel...I think we may have over packed!


Just to make it educational, we made sure we went to the Aquarium and the dinosaur museum!



But the craziest was aunt kendra's body piercing...




okay, it was just in her ear, but that sounded crazy, huh?

We had the best time and I just hope there are more rough wilderness adventures in our future!

1 comment:

Betty said...

What a fun trip that will be forever remembered by all!!!

I hope you have many more opportunities to get away and spend time with the ones you love most!!!

You know...you still have an invite to NC...think about it!